Helping Your Child With School
Volunteer at school or help at home:
Parent Volunteers in Classrooms
Parents can also help out in the classrooms by assisting the teachers, working with students, and helping with paperwork or after school programs. Volunteers may also chaperone field trips or campus events. All parents interested in volunteering must contact the school secretary to schedule an appointment for a LiveScan fingerprinting background check prior to volunteering at school or chaperoning any school events or field trips.
Attend school activities:
- Back to School Night
- Parent Conferences
- Open House
- Family Nights
Assist your child with their learning:
- Asking them about school each day.
- Monitoring attendance.
- Read to and with your child each day.
- Provide a quiet place for them to work.
- Making sure that homework is completed.
- Monitoring amount of television their children watch.
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education.
- Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.